Categories

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Numbers Numbers Numbers!!!

I watch sports. A lot. My roommate at UNC and I have determined that, when we combine the screen time of our two TVs, we watch a total of 60 hours of sports in a typical week. So, I figured I should be generating some sort of output from this: and thus this blog was born. 

I intend to write about statistics and probability, primarily concerning sports and perhaps the stock market and other topics that interest me (Carolina basketball will definitely be a focus when the season starts in November). I'm also currently refining a "betting system" I've been working on for any sport I have a model for: from MLB to NFL to NBA to even WNBA, and I'll hopefully start posting daily picks if my methods are successful.

My main influences have been Nate Silver, Ken Pomeroy, and Jeff Sagarin; their work is fantastic. Finally, regarding probabilities and picks, as a great mathematician at UNC once told me, "You can never be 100% certain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment