This year I drew up a play-by-play simulator, and the results have been considerably better: I've hit every single pick in the NL, including a sizable outright upset in the Mets over the Dodgers. Now that the probable starting pitchers are set for both teams, I can run my simulations again using the most recent postseason rosters.
The Mets win it all 56.61% of the time, with the Royals taking home the trophy the other 43.39%. Last year these probabilities were eerily similar, but in favor of the Royals... and I had them in 6 games. This year, I've got the Mets... in 6. So expect Kansas City to take it 7, because "you can't predict sports!".
|KC in 4||NYM in 4||In 4|
|KC in 5||NYM in 5||In 5|
|KC in 6||NYM in 6||In 6|
|KC in 7||NYM in 7||In 7|
The "Cespedes for the rest of us" may just bring a title to the side of New York less accustomed to winning.
Oh my god. @Mets I can't believe I can actually say this, but is it true that there is now "A Cespedis for the rest of us"? #mets #T7L— Jerry Seinfeld (@JerrySeinfeld) July 31, 2015